Fall is such a special time, especially for those who have the privilege of experiencing the beautiful fall colours before winter hits.
It’s a great time to get outside and feel the cool air and the crunchy leaves under your feet. It’s also a great time to cozy up inside where it’s warm. Either way, I have put together a list for you of fun fall activities for the fam to do -inside and outside. Check them out below.
- Hike in a local forest
- Apple picking
- Pick out pumpkins
- Rake leaves
- Outdoor picnic
- Backyard bonfire
- Backyard movie
- Stack firewood
- Decorate the house for halloween
- Go to and support local farmer’s markets or side-of-the-road markets
- Set up a tent in the backyard
- Take your family Christmas photo
- Good ol’ game of catch (baseball, football, frisbee)
- Plant tulip bulbs
- Fly a kite
- Make a scarecrow for your front porch
- Bake an apple dessert – pie, crumble, tart
- Make a pumpkin dessert
- Blend up some homeade apple sauce and jar it for the winter
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Try out a family tomato-sauce recipe and make extra for the freezer
- Boil a hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. Here is a recipe for a DIY one that looks delicious and got great reviews.
- Make a homemade soup – mmmm – butternut squash, broccoli, french onion ..
- Watch a halloween movie
- Research halloween costumes (or better yet, make one from your closets)
- Try out face paint
- Unplug for the day
- Watch a family classic movie – see my list of 160+ Family-Friendly Movies for ideas
- Leaf Craft
- Do a puzzle
- Gratitude pumpkins
- Have a massive family competition of ‘just dance’ or WII bowling
- Go through old pictures or watch family movies
- Make a fort
- Set up a tent inside
- Roast marshmallows on the fire if you have a wood-burning fireplace (or stick in microwave for a few seconds)
Drop a comment for me and let me know what your favourite fall activity is for you and your family.
From my kitchen table to yours,