Fall is such a special time, especially for those who have the privilege of experiencing the beautiful fall colours before winter hits.
It’s a great time to get outside and feel the cool air and the crunchy leaves under your feet. It’s also a great time to cozy up inside where it’s warm. Either way, I have put together a list for you of fun fall activities for the fam to do -inside and outside. Check them out below.
- Hike in a local forest
- Apple picking
- Pick out pumpkins
- Rake leaves
- Outdoor picnic
- Backyard bonfire
- Backyard movie
- Stack firewood
- Decorate the house for halloween
- Go to and support local farmer’s markets or side-of-the-road markets
- Set up a tent in the backyard
- Take your family Christmas photo
- Good ol’ game of catch (baseball, football, frisbee)
- Plant tulip bulbs
- Fly a kite
- Make a scarecrow for your front porch
- Bake an apple dessert – pie, crumble, tart
- Make a pumpkin dessert
- Blend up some homeade apple sauce and jar it for the winter
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Try out a family tomato-sauce recipe and make extra for the freezer
- Boil a hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. Here is a recipe for a DIY one that looks delicious and got great reviews.
- Make a homemade soup – mmmm – butternut squash, broccoli, french onion ..
- Watch a halloween movie
- Research halloween costumes (or better yet, make one from your closets)
- Try out face paint
- Unplug for the day
- Watch a family classic movie – see my list of 160+ Family-Friendly Movies for ideas
- Leaf Craft
- Do a puzzle
- Gratitude pumpkins
- Have a massive family competition of ‘just dance’ or WII bowling
- Go through old pictures or watch family movies
- Make a fort
- Set up a tent inside
- Roast marshmallows on the fire if you have a wood-burning fireplace (or stick in microwave for a few seconds)
Drop a comment for me and let me know what your favourite fall activity is for you and your family.
From my kitchen table to yours,
Great ideas Tracy, I especially like the one about taking a family photo for Christmas cards… this is something I always forget to do! Fall is a great time when we are outside in nature and can get some great shots.
Thanks for your comment Carey! Are you doing Christmas cards this year? The fall weather this week has been so warm!
I am so grateful for your blog. Thanks Again. Great. Fanechka Raimundo Faulkner
Thank you for your comment. What topics are you most interested in so I can make sure I cover those off for you?