Do you find you get a bit camera shy when it comes to taking your own picture and posting it on social media? When I ask you this, I mean, if I go to your social profile or website right now, am I going to see multiple pictures of your smiling face shining back at me? Or none at all?
It’s absolutely imperative that you show pictures of YOU on your business sites (sorry if that’s not the answer you wanted to hear). If you want people to know, like, and trust you … and buy from you … you need to show up and show your face so they feel connected to you.
I know taking photos of yourself for social media can be hard – it feels weird, vain, conceited, you don’t like how you look, think you look old, don’t think you are photogenic …. I’ve heard it all! And I understand; I’ve been there. The good news is, once you start, it gets easier … AND there are quite a few tricks to make it a lot easier that I want to share with you.
Remember: YOU CAN DO THIS!!
10 WAYS TO FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE TAKING PICTURES FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- Use ‘Portrait’ Mode on your camera’s phone settings
-this mode blurs the background and puts more focus on your face.
- Invest in a Ring Light and Tripod (no more than $35 on Amazon)
-proper lighting is one of the most essential pieces to a good photo … and a tripod allows you to cut out the classic ‘selfie arm’
- Clear out the clutter in your background
- Purchase some preset filters
-to lighten and brighten your pics. I use the lifestyle filters from www.lightandairyphotog.com
(Use code: kitchentable20 to get 20% off at checkout)
- Take some pics with a friend and have some fun!
- Wear your fav clothes, wash your hair and throw on a bit of make up
- Place the camera at forehead level or a bit higher (not lower, that’s when the extra chins come out)
- Start with a picture of you doing something, rather than looking directly at the camera (if that feels easier)
- Let natural light hit your face by placing windows in front of you (not behind you)
10. Download my FREE Photo Shoot Cheatsheet for tons of more ideas, tips, and wardrobe suggestions! And don’t forget to tag me @kitchentableceos so I know you’re proudly showing up!
Lastly, if you have some old pictures of yourself that you use and wonder if you need new ones, check out this post with some tell-tale signs it’s time to update!
From my kitchen table to yours,
I am a professional copywriter, brand strategist and the Founder of Kitchen Table CEOs. Through tips, writing templates and one-on-one consulting services, I help women entrepreneurs create the content, brand and online presence they need to launch and grow their business. For more information on my services and how to work with me, please click HERE.