I want to share with you my recipe for what could be, the easiest salad in the world, not to mention the most colourful. This recipe is perfect for busy evenings or weekends when you want something healthy on the table but don’t have a lot of time or energy.
At the end of the summer when fresh tomatoes are everywhere and neighbours are handing out juicy red ones from their gardens, this is a go-to recipe and all you need is a few simple ingredients.
I think I might be stretching it by even calling it a recipe 🙂
EASIEST SALAD IN THE WORLD
- Cucumbers (Regular English variety or minis), as much as you want but approximately 1 cup
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, as much as you want but approximately 1 cup
- Bocconcini Cheese (any size will do), as much as you want but approximately 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil, a couple of tablespoons
- Balsamic or Red wine vinegar, a couple of drizzles
- Salt & Pepper, a couple of pinches
- Fresh or dried basil, as much as you want but approximately 2 tablespoons of fresh
- Chop up cucumbers into bite-size pieces
- Slice tomatoes in half
- Slice up bocconcini cheese to be similar in size to tomatoes
- Finely slice fresh basil leaves
- Add above three ingredients into a bowl
- Drizzle over olive oil and your choice of vinegar (approximately 2:1 ratio)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and basil
- Toss together and enjoy
See, I told you it was easy …. and colourful!
I hope you enjoy it. If you want to try another one of my favourite recipes, try this one for delicious chewy chocolate chip cookies.
From my kitchen table to yours,