-Delicious * Healthy * On-the-Go
As busy businesswomen who work from home, we are always looking for delicious and healthy food and grab-and go options to satisfy our hunger pangs and bonus if the kids love them. These ‘power pucks’ are the absolute perfect work-from-home snack. Trust me, the kids will love this easy ‘energy ball’ recipe; so make sure to triple the recipe or they’ll eat them all in seconds.
Power pucks are a family favourite in my house. Packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein, they are a great go-to snack for in your office or on the go to a meeting or after-school curricular.
Power Puck Recipe – an amazing work-from-home snack!
Recipe Credit: The Ultimate Cookbook for Hockey Families By Erin Phillips & Korey Kealey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup large-flake rolled oats (look for gluten-free)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds or ground chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. whole chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream peanut butter, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Add oats, coconut, flax seeds and chia seeds and mix until well combined.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp of mixture and, using your hands, roll it into a ball, then flatten and shape it into a small puck (use a spatula to press and smooth out the puck). Place on a tray. Repeat to make 12 pucks (or more if you want smaller sizes).
- Smooth 3/4 tsp of melted chocolate on each puck (this is approximate, just eyeball it). Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens. Store in an airtight container or bag in the fridge fo cup to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You don’t have to worry about them going bad because there’s no way these delicious and healthy snacks are lasting 2 weeks!
If you are interested in more Kitchen Table CEOs’ recipes, try these DELICIOUS chewy chocolate chip cookies.
From my kitchen table to yours,
[…] you want another kid-approved recipe that my kids love? Then be sure to try this ‘Power Pucks’ recipe – […]